The Syracuse Convention and Visitors Bureau identified Ottawa and Toronto as key markets for potential travelers to the Syracuse area and developed the “Syracuse, Do Your Thing” campaign to speak directly to this Canadian traveler audience. Outside of buying billboards and newspaper inserts in Canadian markets, they needed a strong digital strategy to reach Canadian travelers.
Drive awareness of Syracuse as a travel destination to key Canadian audiences.
Utilize our extensive digital targeting capabilities to effectively and efficiently blanket the Ottawa and Toronto markets with “Syracuse, Do Your Thing” messaging to make Syracuse a travel destination among the desired Canadian traveler audience.
- Built custom digital audience segments based on common traveler interests and profiles (Travelers, Shoppers, Entertainment Enthusiasts and Food & Wine Enthusiasts) to reach the coveted Canadian travelers with a comprehensive, multi-platform digital display campaign in the Ottawa and Toronto markets
- Designed all “Syracuse Do Your Thing” campaign collateral including digital display ads, landing page, custom video assets and seasonal print and digital travel guides. Creative was refreshed quarterly to capitalize on seasonal interests
- Created and distributed a combination of print and digital “Syracuse Do Your Thing” travel brochures to minimize costs while maximizing distribution in Ottawa and Toronto.
- Yearly Canadian website traffic increased +638 percent
- Drove visits to the custom landing page, all from Canadian visitors, with more than 50% viewing the digital brochure
- “Syracuse Do Your Thing” message was seen over 14 million times by potential Canadian travelers
- We secured over ten sponsorships of the print and digital brochures on behalf of the CVB
- We produce a quarterly print and electronic publication, Visitor’s Guide with the CVB