Over the past year and a half, Advance Travel & Tourism has built a strong relationship with Alpine Helen CVB and its board members through a strategic marketing partnership.
Key Campaign Objectives
- Generate increased awareness and position Alpine Helen, Georgia as a potential travel destination
- Increase overall site traffic to www.helenga.org
- Increase heads in beds
- Reach outdoor enthusiasts and brand Alpine Helen as an outdoor destination
- Engage and educate travelers on the great things Helen has to offer
- Be found when potential travelers search for things to do in Georgia
Digital Display + Geofencing, Targeted Email, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Advertising, Content Marketing
Digital Display + Geofencing
In addition to standard digital display, The Advance Travel & Tourism team deployed a behaviorally-targeted geofence campaign with the main goal of increasing reach among travelers in new markets: Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, AL and Jacksonville, FL.
Email newsletters were targeted to outdoor and adventure seekers in Atlanta and Birmingham.
Search Engine Marketing
Utilizing Google’s sophisticated data, Advance Travel & Tourism implemented SEM to stay competitive and top of mind when users search for things to do in Helen and surrounding areas.
Social Media Advertising
Since social media channels are a platform where travelers share their experiences and show support for destinations they enjoy, the campaign utilized paid social to engage with travelers and build Alpine Helen’s referral base.
Advance Travel & Tourism managed Alpine Helen’s Facebook ad account with the goal to grow and engage their audience at the lowest costs possible.
Content marketing was deployed in the form of blog posts on www.helenga.org.
2017 vs. 2018:
- Overall site traffic saw a 14.75% increase in users and 19.19% increase in new users
- Targeted cities saw a big increase in site traffic:
- Atlanta – 11.9% increase in users, 13.5% increase in new users
- Birmingham – 18.6% increase in users, 20.3& increase in new users
- Jacksonville – 26.2% increase in users, 21.8% increase in new users
- Alpine Helen reached their annual revenue numbers by mid-2018 and gives Advance Travel & Tourism credit for helping achieve that goal.